- This event has passed.
SBX19: The Sustainable Business Conference and Expo
November 21, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pmsee links for pricing details
In November of 2018, we launched the Bay Area’s first-ever tradeshow focused on sustainable business. The response from our members and the community was tremendous!
This year we’re back with SBX19: The Sustainable Business Conference and Expo. Once again we’ll feature a tradeshow highlighting the best sustainable business technologies and practices in the Bay Area, combined with five hours of educational content. Our educational focus this year will be Building Better Businesses: The Sustainability ROI.
The highlight of our educational content this year will be a presentation and workshop offered by sustainable business pioneer and leading expert Bob Willard – Bob will be delving into his seminal research on demonstrating and quantifying the Return on Investment (ROI) of sustainable business practices.
Based on last year’s event, we’re expecting:
- 20+ Exhibitors
- 140+ Attendees throughout the day
Do you have a product or service that can help companies or organizations realize their sustainability goals? We want you to come and Exhibit!
Do you have a plan for making your business more sustainable, but you need technology, expertise, funding, or support to make it a reality? We want you come learn and Network!
Do you dream of making your business or organization more sustainable but don’t know where to begin? We want you to come and see what’s possible for your business!
Do you or anyone you know have concerns about how to make sustainability pay for your business or organization? We want to show you how to calculate and communicate the solid business case for sustainability – and then teach you how to present it to others within your organization or community!
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT:
- Organizations who provide sustainability services or technologies– including:
- Product Manufacturers and Retailers
- Contractors and Consultants
- Start-ups and Social Enterprises
- Organizations who want to showcase their initiatives and successes in this field
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Organizations who want to learn more about sustainable business practices and technologies
- Organizations who want to make business connections and share their experiences
- Sustainability Champions who want to hone their ability to present the business case for sustainability
- NGOs working in business and community sustainability
- Members of the general public who want to learn more about the cutting-edge of sustainable business
- Anyone who wants to learn about the Return on Investment available through sustainable best practices
agenda is still being finalized and is subject to change
9:00 am: Exhibitor Set-Up
9:30 am: Registration and Networking
10:00 am: Opening Plenary Session: Understanding the Return on Investment for Business Sustainability (2 hours)
- Bob Willard, Sustainability Expert
- Paul Rak, President, Veriform Inc.
12:00 noon: Trade Show Open; Lunch served on the Trade Show Floor
(Lunch is included in the “All Day” and “Afternoon Only” registration options)
1:00 pm: Workshop on Calculating and Communicating the ROI for Business Projects, with Bob Willard, Sustainability Expert (75 minutes)
2:30 pm: B Lab Panel Discussion: The Future is My Business (60 minutes)
Panel Moderator: Lynn Ferguson, Partner, Social Impact Advisors
- Craig Ryan, Director, Purpose Entrepreneurship, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Stephanie McLarty, CEO, REfficient
- Jon Harvey, VP Operations, Textbooks For Change
- Brittany Kelly, Sales and Marketing Manager, Benefect
4:00 pm: Sustainability Reporting: You are What You Measure, so Measure What Matters, with Velma Grover, Adjunct Associate Professor, McMaster University (60 minutes)
6:00 pm: Trade Show closes, clean up.
Thank you to the sponsors of this event: