Jump to a Page Section:
- 9:00 am: Exhibitor Set-Up
- 10:00 am: Doors Open and Trade Show Floor Open
- 11:30 am: Education Session:
Stories from Local ‘B-Certified’ Corporations: What it Means to Measure What Matters
- 1:00 pm: Education Session:
Applications of Blockchain Technology in Corporate Sustainability Disclosures
- 2:00 pm: Education Session:
Sustainable Building Technologies at MIP (Facilities Tour)
- 3:00 pm: End of Event – thank you for coming!
Tweeting about the Expo? Join the conversation with Hashtag #SustainableBusinessExpo
Trade Show Floor
Session 1: Stories from Local ‘B-Certified’ Corporations: What it Means to Measure What Matters
Hear how the B Lab Impact Assessment and certification has created value for local Ontario businesses and their stakeholders and learn more about the social and governance aspects of sustainability.
Speakers on the panel will include:
Lynn Fergusson, Social Impact Advisors
Lynn Fergusson, Partner at Social Impact Advisors (www.socialimpactadvisors.ca), helps bold organizations achieve a meaningful social impact. As a coach/facilitator in the McConnell Foundation’s “Innoweave” program and beyond, Lynn works with non-profit organizations across Canada to improve their impact. Social Impact Advisors is among B The Change’s 2018 Best For The World Honorees.
Kate Siklosi, Ian Martin Group
Since completing her PhD in 2016, Kate Siklosi has been helping businesses be more ethical, sustainable, and accountable to their people, their community, and the environment. She is currently the Communications and Content Strategy Lead at the Ian Martin Group, where she also works to break down barriers to meaningful employment as the Better Business Practices Steward.
Adam Pesce, Reunion Island Coffee
Adam Pesce is the President of Reunion Island Coffee Roasters, a family-owned, Certified B. Corporation, that produces sustainable coffee. Reunion Island Coffee Roasters, a Certified B Corporation, operates in a facility powered by renewable energy headquartered in Oakville, Ontario (Canada). Our mission is to provide sustainable coffee, from seed to cup.
Steve Hyman, Green Planet Biofuels
Steven Hyman is Founder and President of Green Planet Bio-Fuels. Headquartered in Toronto, Green Planet has been providing specialized waste and disposal services to restaurants across Ontario for over 10 years. Today, Green Planet services nearly 2,000 restaurants and, under Steve’s leadership, is contributing to a stronger, greener economy in Southern Ontario.
Court Desautels, The Neighbourhood Group
Court Desautels is the President of the Neighbourhood Group of Companies, a Certified B Corporation that operates various restaurants in Guelph & Kitchener: The Wooly Pub, Borealis Grille & Bar (Guelph & Kitchener), Miijidaa Cafe + Bistro, and soon to open Park Grocery Deli & Bar. His restaurants support local initiatives and use regional farmers and producers as primary suppliers.
Kasha Huk, B Lab (moderator)
As country manager of B Lab Canada, Kasha is working to grow and strengthen the B Corp movement across the country. Prior to joining B Lab, Kasha engaged with international development agencies in Canada, Vietnam and Ukraine, working with multi-stakeholder groups to enact change and build stronger communities.
Session 2: Applications of Blockchain Technology in Corporate Sustainability Disclosures
Stephen Fish will speak about how blockchain technology is being used by his startup, ESG Ledger, for non-financial market disclosures. Could this be the future of sustainability reporting?
Session 3: Sustainable Building Technologies at McMaster Innovation Park
The tour will focus on the facilities in MIP’s new CANMET building. The award-winning, LEED platinum building is home to CanmetMATERIALS (CMAT), Canada’s largest research centre specializing in metals and materials fabrication, processing and evaluation.
- GS Lighting Group ( www.gslightinggroup.ca ) LED Lighting and Controls.
- Renteknik Group Inc. ( www.renteknikgroup.com ) Energy Insight – Our Energy Insight monitoring technology Panoramic®, combined with our online and mobile platform PowerRadar®, delivers actionable intelligence from device to estate level to provide a single end-to-end view of your energy strategy. / Probiotic Cleaning – “Performance-Based Probiotic Cleaning of Heat Exchangers utilizing real-time measurement and monitoring of Key Performance parameters , Supply and Return Temperatures, Energy Consumption, Refrigerant and Secondary media flows, Air Flow, and more. Renteknik has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- Rodan Energy Solutions Inc. ( www.rodanenergy.com ) Rodan Energy Intelligence Suite that enables large energy users to reduce their total energy spent.
- Burlington Hydro ( www.burlingtonhydro.com ) Promoting Conservation Programs.
Waste and Recycling Services
- Smart Recycle Consulting ( smartrecycle.ca ) Waste auditing, program education. Smart Recycling has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- REfficient (Sponsor) ( www.refficient.com ) REfficient is a marketplace allowing companies and individuals to buy quality commercial and industrial products and materials at significant discounts. REfficient has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- TekPak Solutions ( www.TekPakSolutions.com ) Omnidegradable Plastic Packaging Biodegrades in Oceans, Landfills and Home/Backyard Composts quickly, safely and lab proven. TekPak Solutions has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- Eco-Pen – A pen made up of recyclable material that turns into a plant on disposal. Eco-Pen has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- Conservation Halton ( www.conservationhalton.ca ) Conservation Halton Promotions- science and partnerships team, Halton Parks. Conservation Halton has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- Humble Bee – ( www.humblebee.buzz ) We will be providing an opportunity for businesses to reach their sustainability goals by using their rooftops and property as a space for honey bees to thrive. We also provide educational services for organizations about pollinators. We will have honey products available at the show and can provide a workshop as well.
Renewable Energy Tech
- Combined Power Generation Company, Inc ( website coming soon! ) New Combined Power Generation unit details, in the renewable energy space.
- Ramboll (Sponsor) ( www.ramboll.com ) Consulting Engineers Ramboll has also included material in our Exhibitor Resource Library.
- Enviro-Stewards Inc ( www.enviro-stewards.com ) Sustainability consulting (energy efficiency, water efficiency, food loss prevention).
- Centre for Climate Change Management at Mohawk College ( www.mohawkcollege.ca ) Climate change educational services.
- Hamilton Public Library ( www.hpl.ca ) Pop up library
Sustainable Hamilton Burlington (SHB)
SHB is a non-profit social enterprise serving the neighbouring cities of Hamilton and Burlington in Ontario, Canada. We are dedicated to inspiring sustainability leadership in our business organizations for a healthier environment and thriving, prosperous communities. Find out more on our website.
Combining a sold out tradeshow floor and over 3 hours of education sessions, The Sustainable Business Expo is a mid-day event will bring together businesses and organizations seeking to achieve their sustainability goals and product and service providers that can help. This event will provide the connections, solutions and inspiration that businesses need to take their potential beyond ‘business as usual.’ Find out more on our website.